Introductory Well Control – WellCAP Certification:
Accredited by the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
Course duration: 3 & 5 Day Option
Every person actively working on a rig must hold a current blowout prevention (BOP) certificate.This is also called a well control ticket. It is an essential requirement This well control course is suitable for derrickhands, roughnecks, driller’s assistants, coal seam gas (CSG) industry personnel, diamond drilling professionals, oilfield support personnel and newcomers to the industry. If you have never attended a well control school before, then this is the course for you. It is dedicated to the well control training of personnel at Introductory level only. There is no prerequisite for well control training at Introductory level. Course participants will be introduced to well control principles, procedures and equipment. Our Introductory well control course is accredited by the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC). Upon successful completion of course and exam, students will be issued with a valid BOP certificate (WellCAP) at Introductory level.
Introductory well control training is available at each of our standard five day well control courses. Please refer to the well control course schedule for dates.
In house well control training is also available for groups of 6 or more. Please contact our Business Manager to organise a course that suits you.
Links to Other Courses:
- Well Control Training (IWCF & IADC Accredited)
- Preliminary Well Control Training
- IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control
- Coal Bed Methane Drilling
- IADC Rig Pass Training
- Air Drilling Induction Training
- High Pressure High Temperature Well Control
- Well Control for Underbalanced Drilling
* Introductory level participants electing to attend the full five day well control course are subject to the same course fee as other participants on five day course.